Macroeconomics and Business 1e
ISBN-13: 9781861524508 / ISBN-10: 1861524501
Macroeconomics and Business: An Interactive Approach provides a thorough and comprehensive introduction to macroeconomics. This comprehensive text offers a model of how the macroeconomy works and of how the various sectors of the economy fit together and influence each other. It does so in a new, stimulating and user-friendly way, providing the students with a real understanding of macroeconomics issues.
PART I: MACROECONOMICS AND BUSINESS.
1. Macroeconomics and Business.
2. Measurement and Structure of the National Economy.
3. The Circular Flow Model and Macroeconomics Equilibrium.
4. Demand Side Economics: Simple Keynesian Model.
5. Government and Fiscal Policy.
6. Money and Financial Markets.
7. Government and Monetary Policy.
8. Inflation and Unemployment.
9. Supply Side Economics: the Monetarist Model.
10. The Domestic Economy in an International Context.
PART II: THE INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT.
11. International Monetary Systems and Institutions.
12. International Trade, Protectionism and the European Union.
13. Trade Organizations and Trade Flows.
PART III: MICROECONOMICS AND BUSINESS.
14. Economic Systems and the Market Mechanism.
15. Market Demand and Supply.
16. Market Structures.
Nadia Tempini Macdonald is Senior Lecturer at Thames Valley University.