Business Economics 2e
ISBN-13: 9781861523990 / ISBN-10: 1861523998
Business Economics is concerned with the nature, scope and the functioning of business enterprises. The book synthesises traditional and modern economic concepts and tools of analysis to build a coherent analytical framework capable of dealing with questions of direct relevance to business. Business Economics uses real world examples and is enriched with case studies drawn from a variety of sources in the UK and other countries, from the small firm to the international corporation.
1. Introduction and Book Outline.
2. Industrial and Market Structure.
3. The Nature of the Firm.
4. The Internal Organization of Firms.
5. Entrepreneurship and Profit.
6. Production and Costs.
7. Consumer Behaviour and the Market Demand.
8. Business Strategy in Different Market Structures.
9. Strategic Behaviour by Firms.
10. Alternative Business Objectives.
11. Corporate Governance.
12. Multi-Market Firms.
13. Pricing of Multi-Market Firms in Theory and Practice.
14. Ownership and the Capital Structure of Firms.
15. The Economics of Human Resource Management.
16. Competition Policy, Privatisation and De-Regulation.
Maria Moschandreas studied economics in Athens and at the London School of Economics and spent four years in auditing and consultancy work before embarking upon an academic career. She has taught business economics to a variety of undergraduate and postgraduate courses, and wrote this text while a Principal Lecturer in Economics at the Middlesex University Business School.