Economics for Hospitality Management 1e
ISBN-13: 9781861521798 / ISBN-10: 1861521790
Economics for Hospitality Management is an introductory text covering all the key areas of economics. It focuses on how managers in tourism and hospitality can use economic analysis to guide their decision making.
PART ONE: BASICS.
1. The approach to economics.
2. The market.
PART TWO: STRUCTURAL CHANGE.
3. Economic trends affecting the hospitality industry.
4. Structural change in the accommodation, food and drink sectors.
PART THREE: FLUCTUATIONS.
5. Macroeconomic fluctuations and the hospitality industry.
6. The hospitality industry and the local economy.
PART FOUR: COMPETITION.
7. Costs and market structure.
8. Market structure and market control.
PART FIVE: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND OPERATIONS.
9. Strategic product development and delivery.
10. Business operations.
11. Business development.
12. Pricing and product development.
PART SIX: EPILOGUE.
13. Maintaining and developing your economic skills.