Dynamic Web Application Development Using PHP and MySQL 1e
ISBN-13: 9781844807536 / ISBN-10: 1844807533
Providing an end-to-end view of how modern web applications are built, Dynamic Web Application Development takes a cohesive approach to building a software architecture from core components. It tells a development story by taking you right through from analysis and design, learning the core technologies, and tying them together using standard tools patterns and frameworks without straying into detail or trying to cover too many alternatives.
1. Introduction to Web Applications
2. Web Application Requirements Analysis and Design
3. Structure and Content in the Presentation Layer: The HyperText Markup Language (HTML)
4. Styling in the Presentation Layer: Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
5. Content, Structure and Validation: XML, DTD and XHTML
8. Introduction to PHP
9. Flow of Control
10. Form Interaction
11. Strings and Arrays
12. Files, Cookies, Sessions and Email
13. Functions, Dates and Times and Redirection
15. Linking PHP to a Database
16. Introducing Object Orientation
17. Object Oriented Inheritance and Polymorphism
18. Combining Ajax and PHP - Making the Web more Dynamic
19. Conformance to Standards and Accessibility
20. Building More Secure and Robust Web Applications
Simon Stobart is a Principal Lecturer in the School of Computing at the University of Sunderland.
David Parsons has lectured in both further and higher education, and is currently teaching and researching at the Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences, Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand.