EIS: Planning and Selection for Electrical Systems 2e
ISBN-13: 9781408039915 / ISBN-10: 1408039915
This new edition of EIS: Planning and Selection for Electrical Systems from the highly successful Electrical Installation Series covers all the information required to complete the Planning and Selection for Electrical Systems unit as part of the Level 3 Diploma for City and Guilds (2357) and EAL equivalent qualifications.
The nine studybooks in the series are endorsed by The Electrical Contractors Association (ECA) and cover all core Level 3 S/NVQ Diploma units and are mapped to the National Occupational Standards.
The modular, hands-on approach is designed to clearly explain all the key concepts so learners gain all the necessary theoretical and practical skills required for each unit. The expert author team brings a wealth of industry knowledge and experience to each publication all brought to life by full-colour diagrams, images and photographs.
Students can use one book per unit as a complete study resource to support learning in the classroom, at work and for personal study at home.
These spiral bound, write-it studybooks are the ideal course companion for any aspiring electrician.
- Mapped to the updated National Occupational Standards
- Completely up-to-date to cover all core Level 3 VRQ and S/NVQ Diploma units
- Clear learning objectives at the start of each chapter guide the learner through the core topics
- Exciting images and photos from leading companies in the electrical contracting industry bring the subject to life
- Full-colour diagrams clearly illustrate the key methods and technical details ensuring learners fully comprehend all the technical information
- The wealth of fun activities, revision exercises and end of chapter tests enable the learner to practice what they have studied so far to check their progress and understanding
- Task boxes and activities encourage practical learning and further research
- Useful Heath and Safety, Remember and Note boxes make learning interactive and engaging
Chapter 1 Supply systems
Chapter 2 Earthing arrangements
Chapter 3 Cable selection and circuit protective devices
Chapter 4 Selecting systems, equipment and enclosures
Malcolm Doughton, I.Eng, MIET, LCG has considerable experience in both the electrical contracting industry and further education and training. He is currently managing director of an electrical consultancy and training company
John Hooper spent many years teaching a diverse range of electrical and electronic subjects from craft level up to foundation degree level. Prior to lecturing he had a varied career in electrical engineering and electrical installations.