A+ Guide to IT Technical Support (Hardware and Software) 9e
ISBN-13: 9781305266438 / ISBN-10: 1305266439
This step-by-step, highly visual text provides a comprehensive introduction to managing and maintaining computer hardware and software. Written by best-selling author and educator Jean Andrews, A+ Guide to IT Technical Support, 9th Edition closely integrates the CompTIA+ Exam objectives to prepare you for the 220-901 and 220-902 certification exams. The new Ninth Edition also features extensive updates to reflect current technology, techniques, and industry standards in the dynamic, fast-paced field of PC repair and information technology. Each chapter covers both core concepts and advanced topics, organizing material to facilitate practical application and encourage you to learn by doing. The new edition features more coverage of updated hardware, security, virtualization, new coverage of cloud computing, Linux and Mac OS, and increased emphasis on mobile devices. Supported by a wide range of supplemental resources to enhance learning with Lab Manuals, CourseNotes online labs and the optional MindTap that includes online labs, certification test prep and interactive exercises and activities, this proven text offers students an ideal way to prepare for success as a professional IT support technician and administrator.
1. First Look at Computer Parts and Tools.
2. Working Inside Desktop Computers and Laptops.
3. All About Motherboards.
4. Supporting Processors and Upgrading Memory.
5. Supporting the Power System and Troubleshooting Computers.
6. Supporting Hard Drives and Other Storage Devices.
7. Survey of Windows Features and Support Tools.
8. Installing Windows.
9. Supporting I/O Devices.
10. Maintaining Windows.
11. Optimizing Windows.
12. Troubleshooting Windows and Supporting Users.
13. Troubleshooting Windows Startup.
14. Connecting to and Setting up a Network.
15. Supporting Network Hardware.
16. Supporting Mobile Operating Systems.
17. Windows Resources on a Network.
18. Security Strategies.
19. Supporting Printers and Customizing a System.
20. Other Operating Systems and Virtualization.
Appendix A: Safety Procedures and Environmental Concerns.
Appendix B: Entry Points for Windows Startup Processes
Appendix C: CompTIA A+ Acronyms.
“I like the overall organization of the material and the inclusion of the more hands-on material in the chapters. This is basic information but it is presented in a nice order and is easy to read.”
“I think the addition of tablets/mobile devices is a large strength of the chapter and imagery is nice. Students learn with images and descriptions so I think this is done nicely.”