Using QuickBooks® Accountant 2015 for Accounting (with QuickBooks® CD-ROM) 14e
ISBN-13: 9781305084773 / ISBN-10: 1305084772
Master fundamental accounting concepts and principles while developing your proficiency in using the market-leading accounting software: QuickBooks® Accountant 2015 by Intuit®. USING QUICKBOOKS® ACCOUNTANT 2015 FOR ACCOUNTING provides a well-organized, self-paced, concise approach that teaches the technology and application of accounting skills by illustrating how accounting information is both created and used. Fresh new cases and exercises throughout this edition reflect the latest QuickBooks® 2015 features, while unique "Trouble?" features help you avoid common accounting and software mistakes.
A full version of QUICKBOOKS® ACCOUNTANT 2015 (140-day trial) accompanies each new edition and helpful online Video Demonstrations, written by the text's author, walk you through mastering key software skills. Trust the step-by-step instruction in USING QUICKBOOKS® ACCOUNTANT 2015 FOR ACCOUNTING, 14E to help you refine the practical, professional skills you need.
- Grading Rubrics Save You Time In Grading Cases. These helpful tools save you time as they correspond to the cases at the end of each chapter and link each case requirement and event to a specific student-learning outcome. These valuable rubrics are available on the instructor companion web site for your convenience.
- Ongoing Boston Catering Case Can Be Used Separately or as a Whole. Meaningful exercises related to the Boston Catering case appear in Chapters 6–11. Each part of the case is independent of the others, which gives you the flexibility to assign the whole case or focus on separate concepts.
- Engaging Narrative Style Conveys The Importance of Accounting Topics and Software. The author uses a clear, interesting approach throughout the text to emphasize the importance of accounting topics and software in today''s business world. Students see how and why systems operate with multiple applications.
- Unique "Trouble?" Features Pinpoint Common Challenges. These valuable features throughout each chapter help learners anticipate common software and accounting mistakes and avoid those stumbling points.
- Step-By-Step Building Block Approach Breaks Instruction Into Manageable Segments. This edition walks students through what they need to do next to master both key accounting and QuickBooks® skills.
- Margin Icons Clearly Draw Attention To Service Or Merchandising Applications. This edition emphasizes service and merchandising businesses using margin icons throughout that clearly guide you and your students to service or merchandising applications within the book''s comprehensive coverage.
- Payroll Accounting Introduced In Optional Appendix. You have the flexibility to teach payroll accounting, one of the most significant facets of organizations with this edition''s optional Payroll Accounting appendix. An additional appendix covers traditional accounting with debits and credits if you wish to integrate this material into your course.
PART I: GETTING STARTED WITH QUICKBOOKS® ACCOUNTANT.
1. An Interactive Tour of QuickBooks® Accountant.
2. Preparing a Balance Sheet Using QuickBooks® Accountant.
3. Preparing an Income Statement Using QuickBooks® Accountant.
4. Preparing a Statement of Cash Flows Using QuickBooks® Accountant.
5. Creating Supporting Reports to Help Make Business Decisions.
PART II: CREATING A QUICKBOOKS® ACCOUNTANT FILE TO RECORD AND ANALYZE BUSINESS EVENTS.
6. Setting Up Your Business's Accounting System.
7. Cash-Oriented Business Activities.
8. Additional Business Activities.
9. Adjusting Entries.
11. Reporting Business Activities.
12. Managing Fixed Assets.
Appendix 1: Payroll Taxes.
Appendix 2: Traditional Accounting: Debits and Credits.
- Full Version of Quickbooks® Accountant 2015 Accompanies Each New Edition. Your students practice skills using the leading accounting software as this edition comes with 140-day access to the full version of QuickBooks® Accountant 2015.
- Updated Video Demonstrations Walk Students Through Software Skills. These dynamic videos, created by text author Glenn Owen are available on the companion website to guide students through QuickBooks® Accountant 2015 software using an easy-to-follow, step-by-step approach.
- Revised Cases and Exercises Reflect Quickbooks® 2015 Features. All cases and hands-on exercises highlight the latest QuickBooks® 2015 features as students gain important hands-on practice.
Glenn Owen, BA, CPA, recently retired from Allan Hancock College’s Accounting and Business faculty, where he lectured on accounting and information systems for 21 years. In addition, he is a retired lecturer at the University of California at Santa Barbara, where he taught accounting and information systems courses from 1980 to 2011. His professional experience includes five years at Deloitte & Touche as well as vice president of finance positions at Westpac Resources, Inc. and Expertelligence, Inc. An acclaimed and well-respected author, Mr. Owen is well known for his QuickBooks® texts, which offer self-paced case-based instruction on the use of this commercial accounting application. His innovative teaching style emphasizes the decision maker’s perspective and encourages students to think creatively. His graduate studies in educational psychology and his 40 years of business experience yield a balanced blend of theory and practice that permeates and strengthens all of his books.