Positive Psychology 2e
ISBN-13: 9781111834128 / ISBN-10: 1111834121
This brief paperback presents in-depth coverage of the relatively new area of positive psychology. Topically organized, it looks at how positive psychology relates to stresses and health within such traditional research areas as developmental, clinical, personality, motivational, social, and behavioral psychology.
1. An Introduction to Positive Psychology.
2. Foundations: Emotion, Motivation, and the Nature of Well-Being.
3. Subjective Well-Being.
4. Leisure, Flow, Mindfulness, and Peak Performance.
5. Love and Well-Being.
6. Positive Health.
7. Excellence, Aesthetics, Creativity, and Genius.
8. Well-Being Across the Lifespan.
9. Optimal Well-Being.
10. Religion, Spirituality, and Well-Being.
11. Positive Institutions and Cultural Well-Being.
12. A Look Toward the Future of Positive Psychology.
William C. Compton
William Compton earned his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at Vanderbilt University. Currently a Professor of Psychology at Middle Tennessee State University, he has taught a wide variety of classes including Introductory Psychology, Psychology of Adjustment, Abnormal Psychology, Theories of Counseling, Psychology of Happiness, and Introduction to Clinical Psychology. His research interests include health psychology, personality, and social psychology.
Edward Hoffman is a leading scholar in humanistic psychology, and has been writing and lecturing on topics related to emotional well-being, higher motivation, and spirituality for more than 30 years. He is an Adjunct Associate Psychology Professor at Yeshiva University in New York City, where he created its popular course on positive psychology. A senior editor of the Journal of Humanistic Psychology, Dr. Hoffman received his degrees from Cornell University and the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.