Assessment for Crisis Intervention 1e
ISBN-13: 9780534362324 / ISBN-10: 053436232X
Handling crisis situations is a scary and often intimidating task for many beginning and even seasoned counselors, social workers, human service workers, psychologists, nurses, police officers and other professionals. Assessment is the foundation and most critical process in crisis intervention since it helps provide the practitioner with essential information reducing the trial and error method that many practitioners find themselves using
1. Introduction to Crisis Assessment.
2. Crisis Assessment Models.
3. Assessment of Affective Reactions.
4. Assessment of Cognitive Reactions.
5. Assessment of Behavioral Reaction.
6. Using the Triage Assessment Form: Crisis Intervention.
Appendix A: Ethical and Legal Issues.
Appendix B: Triage Assessment Form: Crisis Intervention.
"Well written, thorough in its examination…a necessary text for any course on crisis intervention. A perfect companion to James and Gilliland's Crisis Intervention Strategies."
Rick A. Myer